And now, for another rousing edition of Commercial Break Chores! Remember. Do 1 step during each commercial/ break from your relaxing activity. Then go back to what you were doing and HAVE FUN! This time, we’ll tackle the floors!
- Mentally divide the room into sections (I like to do quarters). Start in one corner, and put every useful thing that doesn’t belong on the floor back where it’s supposed to be.
- Repeat in another quarter. Make sure you’re not just slide puzzling your crap around the room. Find places for everything.
- Next quarter! If you have a bunch of small items that you don’t know what to do with, grab a box or basket and put them in it to sort through later.
- Last quarter! Remember to put laundry in a hamper or clothes basket, and not in a pile on a chair.
- Now your floor should be cleared of large, necessary items. Repeat this process, with a garbage bag, throwing away anything you are tired of cleaning up…or anything that’s actual garbage
- If your room is carpeted, take an extra look around, and make sure there’s nothing that can affect quick vacuuming. Sprinkle carpet refresher, if that’s your thing.
- Go back to your first quarter. Pick up any large objects, and move them out of the way.
- Vacuum or sweep the first quarter of the room.
- Repeat with second quarter. Bonus points if you wipe down dusty objects with a damp cloth
- Repeat with third quarter. Also, use the damp cloth to wipe your windowsills. They’ve probably been forgotten about for quite a while.
- If you need to Swiffer or Mop, do that now. Put large objects back where they belong.
- Finish the last quarter. Celebrate! Don’t throw things on the floor, though…