Big flavor, totally customizeable, and very little prep! These ideas will fill you up, and are super nice on your budget! I know casseroles have a bad rep, but throw all those connotations aside, because these ideas will save your wallet, and your taste buds at the same time!
Ingredients from our stockpile:
- Canned Chicken Breast
- Pasta Sauce (varies, see below)
What to do:
- preheat oven to 350
- boil water and cook pasta
- mix pasta, sauce, and drained canned chicken together in a baking dish
- bake for 30 minutes
Cheddar Cheese Sauce:
(Use elbow or rotini pasta!)
- Add buffalo sauce and cream cheese for buffalo chicken pasta caserole
- Toss in some tomatoes (fresh or canned diced tomatoes!)
- Delicious, Delicious Bacon
(use penne or a long pasta like fettucine)
- Toss in some spinach, and eat healthy(-er…healthier… but wasn’t that a goal of ours?)
- Broccoli is another good, healthy choice!
- Add a can of creamy soup to make it even more filling! (Try cream of chicken, mushroom, or asparagus!)
Red Sauce (Aka tomato based sauce)
(best with ziti, but rotini is a solid option as well)
- toss in some shredded mozzerella for a gooey meal!
- chop up and add some extra produce for texture (think bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms!)
- Don’t forget garlic bread! Toast a piece of bread, add some butter, salt, garlic powder and italian seasoning!
Do you have any cheap pasta recipes? Share them in the comments!